NEET UG 2013 Counseling starts from 10th July 2013. Here is the note showing the steps to follow the counseling process.Always refer the MCC site for details.
How to Register?
1. From 10th July onwards, the Candidate Registration process will start.
2. Visit the MCC site http://www.mcc.nic.in/mccres/HomePage.aspxon on 10th July to start registration.
3. All eligible candidates can register online by creating password and giving relevant details such as Roll number. New user link can be used for Registration. The candidate is required to enter the relevant details exactly same as per his/her NEET-UG 2013application form/admit card .
During password creation, it is necessary to make a strong password and to give secret question and answer to retrieve password if lost.
The password policy is as under:
Your password must be 8-13 character long.
Your password must contain at least:
One capital letter (A-Z),
One small letter (a-z),
One numeric (0-9),
One special character (@#$&)
Keep these details in safe custody and do not share to anybody.
1. Once registered, the candidate can Login using the Roll number and Password.
2. After giving all the details, check once again and click Submit.
3. Then click Agree in the next page appearing. If the data entered matches with the CBSE data base, the candidate will be registered. If not, the registration process will be incomplete.
4. If an eligible candidate fails to register after repeated attempts, it is necessary to contact the help centres (Govt Medical and Dental Colleges) or MCC control room in person with details.
5. After successful registration, a Registration Slip will be available that can be printed.
1. It is better to prepare a list of Medical / Dental colleges as per your preference before making the choice filling. To make the preference, use the seat matrix and refer the last rank details of the previous year.
2. On clicking the “Choice Filling” icon, the choices as per individual criteria of eligibility would be displayed to the candidate on the left side basket and on clicking the button for the required choice, it will be selected. The choice chosen will be removed from the left basket and gets added to right basket. During choice filling, the candidate can save the choice by clicking Save and Continue. After completing the choice filling, click on the Save and Go to Home button. The choices could be shown by selecting them State wise, course-wise, alphabetical order of Institutions and courses or alphabetical order of courses and Institutions, etc.
3. There are UP/DOWN arrows to move the choices up and down as per the preference. Also there is delete button to remove the choice submitted. You can also interchange or bulk move the choices.
Indicative seat allotment
This is the Mock counseling in which a possible allotment is available based on the Rank or not. It is not the final allotment, but it helps to change the choices before locking. During Indicative Seat Allotment (Mock Counseling) Result, choices submitted by the candidates will be processed twice on notified dates during the Registration and Choice Filling period (of 1st round only) and indicative seat that is likely available at that point of time would be displayed.
After filling, rearranging the choices, it is necessary to lock the choices on the day notified. If not locked, the system will automatically lock the choices at 5 pm on the last day of locking. Once the choices are locked, it cannot be unlocked. So before locking, check the choices submitted once again and confirm the preferences of choices.
After locking, a page will appear to Agree. Select the box near YES I AGREE. If selected, the choices filled can be printed. Carefully follow all these steps.
After the online work in the site, the candidate should Log Out the page to avoid any mishandling by others. It is very important, if the online work in done in Public computer terminals such as Internet Café. Always remember the password or write it in a book which should be under safe custody.